Monday, November 8, 2010

It has been a while.

Sorry that I have been neglectful to post about the daily goings on around here.  I have been so overwhelmed it has been hard to separate all my thoughts.  So a few things to update on.

The Pumpkin Patch.  I believe last post about that was after the first week and it was terribly discouraging.  Well I am happy to say things got better.  We had 5 weekends in Oct. and the first was a strike out, #2 we had alot of friends show up and show their support which was very encouraging,  week 3 was the big one we had about 60 people come I gave ALOT of pony rides lol it was great,  #4 we had say 15 people show up and week 5 we decided to not open.  We were worn out :).  We did have a few random people show up though out the weeks but most business was on the weekends.  The good news is I know we at least broke even and I think we even made a very little profit.

It was fun, exhausting and a learning experience.  In the end though I think we decided not to do it again.  I thought it was a great idea and really it is, it just isn't what we want to do.  I know that it would grow each year but at this point we don't plan on doing it next year.

Pony parties, we did a total of 2 this year and we loved it!!  We are definitely going to put more energy into marketing that next year. 

Animals, well everyone is healthy so that is great for anyone on a farm.  It is time to have the goats bred so we can have some spring babies and MILK!  Horses well they are great.  We have a total of four right now.  Two minis, my thoroughbred and my daughters fox troter. 

In the home,  Well you did see I have been on an organizing spree.  It has been great and it feels so good to get order back after a busy busy and did I mention busy gardening season.  After organizing I started cleaning.  Every room got a top to bottom cleaning and now  feel ready to take on the holidays.

Weight loss, it has gone wonderfully.  Though the past few weeks have really slowed down I am still losing.  Right now it is a total of 28 lbs.   That is almost 30 pounds people!!  Not to give to much info but my husband is pleased to say the least.  Not a day goes by that he does not tell me how good I look and how awesome I have done.  It does feel good and I will take all the compliments I can get.  It doesn't come easy for those of us who LOVE food but it is worth the work.

Homeschool,  well I cannot comment much on that right now because I feel much like failure in that department right now.  It is something that I am working on but it has been a hard hard year for me in this area :(.

My mind and heart have been so many different places recently and most of those places I feel have been dragging me away from my real purpose in life.  I am refocusing and trying to bring myself back to where I need to be.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear your patch did well, I knew you would get more closer to Halloween. We have a patch near us that we stopped going to just the last year. It just became way too busy.
    How great about your weight loss, congratulations!
    I'm sorry to hear about your homeschooling year, but I am sure it isn't as bad as you think it is.
    The kids learn so much just being around their family and living life. This is one reason I homeschool year round so that there can be some down time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!! I love to hear feed back so comment away :)