Saturday, October 2, 2010

Disapointment.

Today was opening day for our pumpkin patch.  Sad to say it was a flop, ahhhh, deep breath.  It is hard, it is hard to put forth an effort, put your heart out there trying to fullfill  a little dream and fail.  I cannot look at it as a complete failure.  I still have 4 weekends left to make a go of it but it is not a good start.  It was an awful day as far as weather.  It has rained here 2 times in the last 3 months and today of all the days it rained.  The high was 60 and the drizzle that started in the morning has not completely come to an end yet. I have to look past this and just move on otherwise I will drive myself crazy.  It is heartbreaking. 

No one showed.  Well I shouldn't say no one I had two friends that came by to show some support and help.  This makes my heart happy and I am grateful for these friends.  Literally rain or shine they were there for me and that means the world to me.  But no other customers showed up.  We were all set up and ready to go in the morning but we gave in and came in once the rain really started to come down. 

It is what it is and there is nothing I can do.  It does not help that I could be at the world equestrian games right now and I had to torcher myself by looking at the weather in Lexinton and it is beautiful.  God knows and I just have to remember that and not get too consumed with disappointment.  He is in control.

3 comments:

  1. Dont be too disappointed. The people will come. Who wants to get a pumpkin on a rainy day? It will be better next week you'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Denise, I hope you are right. I totally agree, I would not have taken my little ones out to get a pumpkin today either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading your blog, what a lovely place you have, and what fun to grow a pumpkin patch! We grew one pumpkin last year, and then nothing this year. But I wouldn't worry about the no shows. We visit a pumpkin patch every year and we always wait until the middle of the month. Th place we go to has been around a long time. Even when we go later in the month there are lots of people, so have faith!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!! I love to hear feed back so comment away :)