Friday, March 12, 2010

It's turkey time!!!

Yes yes they are adorable but remember don't get too attatched. 
Meet the 5 newest additions to our farm!  They don't have names yet but once we can start telling them apart better they will.  It is exciting to start turkey season again!  We love these animals!  They are so fun!  We love them even more on the dinner table at about 165 degrees and golden brown.  If you are not a farm person I am sure you now think I am just heartless.  But honestly if you eat meat they all start out like this.  Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen:)  I just prefer to know they lived a nice healthy life free ranging on my farm.  Rather than stuck in a pen with 500 other turkeys for the entirety of their life.  So enjoy these little guys along with us but remember don't get too attatched.  Even my 3 year old knows what will happen in about 5 months.  Macy 5 even told them today as she was petting them in her sweet little voice "hi baby turkeys we are gonna eat you when you get big".    HAHAHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!! I love to hear feed back so comment away :)